Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 12. Health
Agency 5. Department of Health
Chapter 650. Schedule of Civil Penalties

12VAC5-650-20. Purpose and authority.

The board has promulgated this chapter to:

1. Establish a uniform schedule of civil penalties for violations of 12VAC5-610, the Sewage Handling and Disposal Regulations (or successor), and 12VAC5-640, the Alternative Discharging Sewage Treatment Regulations for Individual Single Family Dwellings (or successor);

2. Support enforcement activities necessary to discharge the board's responsibility to supervise and control the safe and sanitary collection, conveyance, transportation, treatment, and disposal of sewage as they affect the public health and welfare;

3. Support enforcement activities necessary to discharge the board's responsibility to exercise due diligence to protect the quality of ground and surface waters; and

4. Guide the State Health Commissioner in charging civil penalties.

Statutory Authority

§§ 32.1-12 and 32.1-164 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 29, Issue 25, eff. September 13, 2013.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.