Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 14. Insurance
Agency 5. State Corporation Commission, Bureau of Insurance
Chapter 335. Rules Governing Claims-Made Liability Insurance Policies

14VAC5-335-10. Scope.

The provisions of this chapter shall apply to all policies of liability insurance, as defined in §§ 38.2-117, 38.2-118, and subsection B of § 38.2-111 of the Code of Virginia, that limit the time allowed for reporting claims arising out of injury, damage, or wrongful act or omission covered by the policy. Any such policy shall be deemed to be a claims-made liability insurance policy for purposes of this chapter. The provisions of this chapter shall apply to claims-made liability insurance policies delivered or issued for delivery in the Commonwealth by an admitted insurer to become effective on or after October 1, 2018.

This chapter shall not apply to incidental claims-made liability insurance.

Statutory Authority

§§ 12.1-13 and 38.2-223 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 20, Issue 21, eff. January 1, 2005; amended, Virginia Register Volume 34, Issue 16, eff. October 1, 2018.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.