Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 18. Professional And Occupational Licensing
Agency 110. Board of Pharmacy
Chapter 20. Regulations Governing the Practice of Pharmacy

18VAC110-20-800. Records.

A. All records required for drug donation programs shall be maintained chronologically for two years.

B. Records and prescriptions related to donated drugs shall be maintained separately from other pharmacy records.

C. Storage of records.

1. Transfer, dispensing, and disposal records may be stored in an electronic database or record.

2. Prescriptions and signed forms, as well as any other records, may be stored as an electronic image that provides an exact, clearly legible image of the document.

3. Records may be stored in secured storage, either on or offsite.

D. All records in offsite storage or database shall be retrieved and made available for inspection or audit within 48 hours of a request by the board or an authorized agent.

Statutory Authority

§§ 54.1-2400 and 54.1-3307 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 27, Issue 3, eff. November 10, 2010.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.