Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 18. Professional And Occupational Licensing
Agency 48. Common Interest Community Board
Chapter 45. Time-Share Regulations

18VAC48-45-30. Explanation of terms.

Each reference in this chapter to a "developer," "purchaser," and "time-share owner" or to the plural of those terms shall be deemed to refer, as appropriate, to the masculine and the feminine, to the singular and the plural, and to natural persons and organizations. The term "developer" shall refer to any successors to the persons referred to in § 55.1-2200 of the Code of Virginia who come to stand in the same relation to the time-share as their predecessors in that they assumed rights reserved for the benefit of a developer that (i) offers to dispose of its interest in a time-share not previously disposed of or (ii) applies for registration of the time-share program.

Statutory Authority

§§ 54.1-2349 and 55.1-2247 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 32, Issue 10, eff. March 1, 2016; amended, Virginia Register Volume 36, Issue 6, eff. December 30, 2019.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.