Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 2. Agriculture
Agency 5. Department of Agriculture And Consumer Services
Chapter 195. Prevention and Control of Avian Influenza in the Live-Bird Marketing System

2VAC5-195-180. Handling of production unit positive laboratory results.

Production unit bird samples positive for AI shall be submitted to the NVSL for confirmation. The premises shall be quarantined until results are obtained from the NVSL.

Production unit premises with AI-positive birds confirmed by the NVSL shall remain under quarantine. All records shall be presented to the State Veterinarian for epidemiologic investigation. The birds shall be depopulated and the premises shall undergo C&D by employees of the production unit, under the supervision of the State Veterinarian.

The State Veterinarian may require depopulation and disposal any time multiple positive AI screening tests are reported, without waiting for NVSL confirmation.

Statutory Authority

§ 3.2-6023 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 22, Issue 25, eff. August 21, 2006.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.