Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 2. Agriculture
Agency 5. Department of Agriculture And Consumer Services
Chapter 317. Regulations for the Enforcement of the Noxious Weeds Law

2VAC5-317-60. Attachment and disposition of certificates and permits.

A. A certificate or permit required for the movement of a regulated article into, within, or out of the Commonwealth must be attached at all times during the movement to the outside of the container that contains the regulated article or to the regulated article itself. The requirements of this section may also be met by attaching the certificate or permit to the consignee's copy of the waybill, provided the regulated article is sufficiently described on the certificate or permit and on the waybill to facilitate the identification of the regulated article.

B. The certificate or permit for the movement of a regulated article must be furnished by the carrier to the consignee at the destination of the regulated article. A copy of the certificate or the permit must be retained by the sender of the regulated article at the place of shipment.

Statutory Authority

§ 3.2-802 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 31, Issue 9, eff. January 29, 2015; amended, Virginia Register Volume 34, Issue 4, eff. November 30, 2017.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.