Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 2. Agriculture
Agency 5. Department of Agriculture And Consumer Services
Chapter 585. Retail Food Establishment Regulations

2VAC5-585-940. Discarding or reconditioning unsafe, adulterated, or contaminated food.

A. A food that is unsafe, adulterated, or not honestly presented as specified under 2VAC5-585-260 shall be discarded or reconditioned according to an approved procedure.P

B. Food that is not from an approved source as specified under 2VAC5-585-270 through 2VAC5-585-330 shall be discarded.P

C. Ready-to-eat food that may have been contaminated by an employee who has been restricted or excluded as specified under 2VAC5-585-90 shall be discarded.P

D. Food that is contaminated by food employees, consumers, or other persons through contact with their hands, bodily discharges, such as nasal or oral discharges, or other means shall be discarded.P

Statutory Authority

§ 3.2-5121 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 24, Issue 2, eff. October 16, 2007; amended, Virginia Register Volume 32, Issue 22, eff. July 12, 2016.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.