Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 20. Public Utilities and Telecommunications
Agency 5. State Corporation Commission
Chapter 414. Bad Check Charges and Late Payment Charges

20VAC5-414-10. Definitions.

The following words and terms when used in this chapter shall have the following meanings unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:

"Bad check charge" means a service charge imposed for a check received in payment of a customer's account, which check is lawfully dishonored by the payor bank.

"Commission" means the State Corporation Commission.

"Customer" means any person, firm, partnership, corporation, or lawful entity that purchases local exchange telecommunications services.

"Late payment charge" means a fee assessed against any customer charges not timely paid.

"Local exchange carrier (LEC)" means a provider, certificated pursuant to Chapter 10.1 (§ 56-265.1 et seq.) of Title 56 of the Code of Virginia, offering local exchange services.

Statutory Authority

§ 12.1-13 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Volume 25, Issue 07, eff. December 1, 2008.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.