Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 22. Social Services
Agency 40. Department of Social Services
Chapter 151. Standards for Licensed Children's Residential Facilities

22VAC40-151-980. Grievance procedures.

A. The provider shall develop and implement written policies and procedures governing the handling of grievances by residents. If not addressed by other applicable standards, the policies and procedures shall:

1. Be written in clear and simple language;

2. Be communicated to the residents in an age or developmentally appropriate manner;

3. Be posted in an area easily accessible to residents and their parents and legal guardians;

4. Ensure that any grievance shall be investigated by an objective employee who is not the subject of the grievance; and

5. Require continuous monitoring by the provider of any grievance to assure there is no retaliation or threat of retaliation against the child.

B. All documentation regarding grievances shall be kept on file at the facility for three years unless other regulations require a longer retention period.

Statutory Authority

§§ 63.2-217 and 63.2-1737 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 25, Issue 3, eff. January 1, 2009.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.