Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 22. Social Services
Agency 40. Department of Social Services
Chapter 705. Child Protective Services

22VAC40-705-100. Judicial proceedings.

A. A child protective services worker may petition for removal pursuant to §§ 16.1-251 and 16.1-252 of the Code of Virginia.

B. A child protective services worker may petition for a preliminary protective order pursuant to § 16.1-253 of the Code of Virginia.

C. Whenever the local department assumes custody of a child under subsection A or B of this section, a child protective services worker shall petition the court for parental child support.

D. Any person who participates in a judicial proceeding resulting from making a child protective services report or complaint or from taking a child into custody pursuant to §§ 63.2-1509, 63.2-1510 and 63.2-1517 of the Code of Virginia shall be immune from any civil or criminal liability in connection therewith unless it is proven that such person acted in bad faith or with malicious intent pursuant to § 63.2-1512 of the Code of Virginia.

Statutory Authority

§§ 63.2-217, 63.2-1503 and 63.2-1509 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 13, Issue 25, eff. January 1, 1998; amended, Virginia Register Volume 19, Issue 6, eff. January 1, 2003.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.