Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 22. Social Services
Agency 40. Department of Social Services
Chapter 73. Standards for Licensed Assisted Living Facilities

22VAC40-73-300. Communication among staff.

A. Procedures shall be established and reviewed with staff for communication among administrators, designated assistant administrators, managers, and designated staff persons in charge, as applicable to a facility, to ensure stable operations and sound transitions.

B. A method of written communication shall be utilized as a means of keeping direct care staff on all shifts informed of significant happenings or problems experienced by residents, including complaints and incidents or injuries related to physical or mental conditions.

1. A record shall be kept of the written communication for at least the past two years.

2. The information shall be included in the records of the involved residents.

Statutory Authority

§§ 63.2-217, 63.2-1732, 63.2-1802, 63.2-1805, and 63.2-1808 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 34, Issue 6, eff. February 1, 2018.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.