Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 22. Social Services
Agency 40. Department of Social Services
Chapter 73. Standards for Licensed Assisted Living Facilities

22VAC40-73-45. Minimum amount for liability insurance disclosure.

A. The minimum amount of liability insurance coverage to be maintained by an assisted living facility for purposes of disclosure in the statement required by 22VAC40-73-50 and the resident agreement required by 22VAC40-73-390 is as follows:

1. $500,000 per occurrence to compensate residents or other individuals for injuries and losses from the negligent acts of the facility; and

2. $500,000 aggregate to compensate residents or other individuals for injuries and losses from the negligent acts of the facility.

B. No facility shall state that liability insurance is in place unless the insurance provides the minimum amount of coverage established in subsection A of this section.

Statutory Authority

§§ 63.2-217, 63.2-1732, 63.2-1802, 63.2-1805, and 63.2-1808 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 34, Issue 6, eff. February 1, 2018.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.