Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 24. Transportation And Motor Vehicles
Agency 30. Department of Transportation
Chapter 41. Rules and Regulations Governing Relocation Assistance

24VAC30-41-400. Eligibility.

An owner-occupant is entitled to a replacement housing payment when:

1. The owner is in occupancy at the initiation of negotiations for the acquisition of the property, or is in occupancy at the time a written notice of intent to acquire is delivered by VDOT;

2. Such ownership and occupancy has been for at least 90 consecutive days immediately prior to the earlier of the initiation of negotiations, or the date of vacation if a notice of intent to acquire has been issued;

3. Purchase and occupancy of a decent, safe and sanitary dwelling has occurred within the specified time period; and

4. If otherwise eligible, the owner-occupant can receive these payments if the move was a result of the initiation of negotiations, even though VDOT did not acquire the property.

Statutory Authority

§ 25.1-402 of the Code of Virginia; 42 USC § 4601 et seq.; 49 CFR Part 24.Derived from Virginia Register Volume 18, Issue 3, eff. November 21, 2001; amended, Virginia Register Volume 30, Issue 26, eff. October 1, 2014.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.