Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 24. Transportation And Motor Vehicles
Agency 5. Virginia Aviation Board
Chapter 20. Regulations Governing the Licensing and Operation of Airports and Aircraft and Obstructions to Airspace in the Commonwealth of Virginia

24VAC5-20-80. Commercial operators.

In addition to the licensing requirements identified in 24VAC5-20-70, any person who proposes to operate or engage in business as a contract carrier by aircraft, to include carrying passengers or property on demand, pursuant to 14 CFR Part 135, or providing student flight instruction for a fee, pursuant to 14 CFR Part 61 or 141, must first secure a contract carrier permit from the department authorizing them to conduct such operation or to engage in such business. Such permit may be obtained from the department upon application thereof upon a form prescribed by the department and the payment of a one-time fee of $50.

Statutory Authority

§§ 5.1-2.2 and 5.1-2.15 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR165-01-02:1 § 2.7, eff. September 9, 1992; amended, Virginia Register Volume 12, Issue 17, eff. June 12, 1996.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.