Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 4. Conservation and Natural Resources
Agency 20. Marine Resources Commission
Chapter 1270. Pertaining to Atlantic Menhaden

4VAC20-1270-50. Nonpurse Seine Menhaden Bait Sector Quota; Allocation and Bycatch Provisions.

A. The commercial nonpurse seine bait sector's allocation shall be by gear type as follows:

1. Cast net:

2,261 pounds.

2. Dredge:

3,595 pounds.

3. Fyke net:

2,477 pounds.

4. Gill net:

1,781,986 pounds.

5. Pound net:

3,997,201 pounds.

6. Seine:

23,550 pounds.

7. Trawl:

68,940 pounds.

B. Pursuant to § 28.2-400.4 of the Code of Virginia, once the commissioner announces the date of closure for the nonpurse seine bait fishery, any person licensed in the nonpurse seine menhaden bait sector may possess and land up to 6,000 pounds of menhaden per day.

Statutory Authority

§ 28.2-201 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Volume 29, Issue 17, eff. April 1, 2013; amended, Virginia Register Volume 31, Issue 10, eff. January 1, 2015; Volume 31, Issue 19, eff. May 1, 2015; Volume 31, Issue 23, eff. July 1, 2015; Volume 33, Issue 26, eff. August 1, 2017.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.