Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 4. Conservation And Natural Resources
Agency 20. Marine Resources Commission
Chapter 150. Pertaining to the Dredging of Conchs (Also Known As Whelks)

4VAC20-150-60. License.

A. It shall be unlawful to dredge for conchs without first having obtained a license therefor, except that when dredging for conchs in Area Number 1, persons holding the regular crab dredging license prescribed by § 28.2-702 of the Code of Virginia, need not have the conch dredging license prescribed in this section. This license may be obtained from the marine police officer in charge of the district.

B. Any license shall at all times be on board the boat and available for inspection by any law-enforcement officer of the Marine Resources Commission.

C. There shall be no refund of any license fee or any part of one in the event a license is surrendered, suspended, or revoked.

Statutory Authority

§ 28.2-201 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR450-01-0020 § 6, eff. June 29, 1981; amended, Virginia Register Volume 11, Issue 25, eff. August 3, 1995; Volume 22, Issue 4, eff. December 1, 2005.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.