Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 4. Conservation And Natural Resources
Agency 20. Marine Resources Commission
Chapter 430. Pertaining to the Marking and Minimum Mesh Size of Gill Nets

4VAC20-430-70. Enforcement provisions.

In the enforcement of this chapter the Marine Patrol Officer shall consider the following:

1. If only one end or buoy of a gill net is found to be marked as required by this chapter, then a warning shall be issued by a Marine Patrol Officer, and the net owner shall have 24 hours to mark the net as provided in this chapter.

2. If both ends of a gill net are found in violation, a Marine Patrol Officer shall confiscate the net immediately unless at least one remaining buoy is inscribed with the last four numbers of the licensee's commercial fisherman registration license.

Statutory Authority

§§ 28.2-201 and 28.2-236 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR450-01-0057 § 8, eff. May 1, 1990; amended, Virginia Register Volume 7, Issue 10, eff. January 23, 1991; Volume 8, Issue 15, eff. February 1, 1992; Volume 11, Issue 22, eff. July 1, 1995; Volume 16, Issue 14, eff. March 1, 2000.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.