Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 4. Conservation And Natural Resources
Agency 20. Marine Resources Commission
Chapter 540. Pertaining to Spanish and King Mackerel

4VAC20-540-50. Commercial trip limit.

A. It shall be unlawful for any person to possess or land in Virginia any amount of Spanish mackerel in excess of 3,500 pounds from any vessel in any one day, except as specified in subsection B of this section.

B. When a commercial closure in federal waters for the Northern Zone Atlantic Migratory Group Spanish Mackerel is announced by the National Marine Fisheries Service, it shall be unlawful for any person to possess or land Spanish mackerel in Virginia in excess of 500 pounds from any vessel in any one day. This federal closure and state water per trip possession limit will be posted on the Marine Resources Commission website.

Statutory Authority

§§ 28.2-201 and 28.2-203 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR450-01-0070 § 5, Virginia Register Volume 11, Issue 17, eff. April 14, 1995; amended, Virginia Register Volume 28, Issue 21, eff. June 1, 2012; Volume 37, Issue 2, eff. September 1, 2020.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.