Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 4. Conservation and Natural Resources
Agency 20. Marine Resources Commission
Chapter 540. Pertaining to Spanish and King Mackerel

4VAC20-540-40. Minimum Size Limits Established.

A. Minimum size limit for Spanish mackerel is established at 14 inches in total length.

B. Minimum size limit for king mackerel is established at 27 inches in total length.

C. It shall be unlawful for any person to take, catch or possess any Spanish mackerel less than 14 inches in total length.

D. Except as provided in subsection E of this section it shall be unlawful for any person to take, catch or possess any king mackerel less than 27 inches in total length.

E. Nothing in this section shall prohibit the taking, catching, or possession of any king mackerel, less than 27 inches in total length, by a licensed pound net.

Statutory Authority

§ 28.2-201 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR450-01-0070 § 4, Volume 11, Issue 17, eff. April 14, 1995; amended, Virginia Register Volume 17, Issue 05, eff. January 1, 2001; Volume 35, Issue 02, eff. September 1, 2018.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.