Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 9. Environment
Agency 15. Department of Environmental Quality
Chapter 20. Guidelines for the Preparation of Environmental Impact Assessments for Oil or Gas Well Drilling Operations in Tidewater Virginia

9VAC15-20-140. Examination of secondary environmental impacts due to induced economic development.

Based on the analysis of potential economic impacts identified in 9VAC15-20-120, and fiscal impacts identified in 9VAC15-20-130, examine and discuss the potential secondary environmental affects of induced economic development due to the proposed operation. Such analysis should include impacts associated with any new infrastructure development provided to support the gas or oil operation including but not limited to the construction of new roads, pipeline systems, sewers, schools, water supplies, public services, waste handling facilities, housing units, etc., on natural, scenic, open space, recreational, and historic resources.

Statutory Authority

§§ 10.1-1188 et seq. and 45.2-1646 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR304-02-01 § 3.1, eff. November 3, 1993.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.