Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 16. Labor And Employment
Agency 15. Department of Labor And Industry
Chapter 30. Virginia Rules and Regulations Declaring Hazardous Occupations

16VAC15-30-60. Power-driven woodworking machine occupations.

The following occupations involved in the operation of power-driven woodworking machines are prohibited:

1. The occupation of operating power-driven woodworking machines including supervising or controlling the operation of such machines, feeding material into such machines, and helping the operator to feed material into such machines, but not including the placing of material on a moving chain or in a hopper or slide for automatic feeding.

2. The occupations of setting up, adjusting, repairing, oiling, or cleaning power-driven woodworking machines.

3. The operations of off-bearing from circular saws and from guillotine-action veneer clippers.


The exemptions for properly certified apprentices and student-learners apply to this restriction.

Statutory Authority

§ 40.1-100 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR425-01-77 § 4, eff. October 15, 1979; rev. June 30, 1981.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.