Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 20. Public Utilities and Telecommunications
Agency 5. State Corporation Commission
Chapter 429. Rules Governing Compensation, Numbering, Interconnection, and Other Local Inter-Carrier Matters

20VAC5-429-30. Terminating Traffic Compensation.

A. Any compensation arrangement for the mutual exchange of local traffic should reflect the reciprocal relationship between local exchange carriers and the development of local exchange competition.

B. The commission may establish at any time, upon application or its own motion, appropriate compensation levels for mutual exchange of local traffic.

C. Local exchange carriers may deliver local traffic for termination on another carrier's local network only at the compensation level established in conformance with this section.

D. Any compensation arrangements for the mutual exchange of local traffic shall provide for equitable treatment or rates between the local exchange carriers.

Statutory Authority

§§ 12.1-13 and 56-265.4:4 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Volume 19, Issue 17, eff. April 10, 2003.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.