Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 24. Transportation And Motor Vehicles
Agency 30. Department of Transportation
Chapter 151. Land Use Permit Regulations

24VAC30-151-290. Public telephones.

Public telephone booths may be allowed at rest areas and other locations as provided in 23 CFR 752.5 and allowed at other locations when a definite need is documented. Telephone booths may be allowed when a definite need exists to serve the traveling public, such as:

1. At wayside areas, if well removed from access to off right-of-way public telephone stations.

2. At other isolated areas sufficiently removed from existing off right-of-way public telephone stations as to impair the safety and convenience of traffic, provided that:

a. No private land is available or suitable for location of booth;

b. The location meets all safety requirements as to sight distance, access roads and parking; and

c. All costs incidental to providing turnout and parking area are borne by the telephone company.

Statutory Authority

§ 33.2-210 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 26, Issue 12, eff. March 17, 2010.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.