Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 24. Transportation and Motor Vehicles
Agency 30. Department of Transportation

Chapter 151. Land Use Permit RegulationsRead Chapter

Section 10
Section 20
Section 30
Permits and agreements
Section 40
General rules, regulations and requirements
Section 50
Violations of rules and regulations
Section 60
Authority of district administrator's designee
Section 70
Plan review and permit inspection
Section 80
Permit time limits and cancellations
Section 90
Hours and days work authorized; holiday schedule
Section 100
Section 110
Denial; revocation; refusal to renew
Section 120
Provisions governing entrances
Section 130
Section 140
Section 150
Section 160
Section 170
Section 180
Section 190
Section 200
Section 210
Section 220
Commercial use agreements
Section 230
Agriculture use agreements
Section 240
Section 250
Railroad grade crossing or encroachments
Section 260
Railroad crossing permit requests from railroad companies
Section 270
Railroad crossing permit requests by other companies
Section 280
Springs and wells
Section 290
Public telephones
Section 300
General provisions governing utilities
Section 310
Utility installations within limited access highways
Section 320
Section 330
Overhead utility installations within nonlimited access highways
Section 340
Underground utility installations within nonlimited access highways
Section 350
Nonlimited access highways: communication towers and site installations
Section 360
Section 370
Encasement requirements
Section 380
Section 390
In-place and prior-rights permits
Section 400
Utility adjustments in conjunction with a VDOT project
Section 410
Utility installations in scenic areas
Section 420
Lighting facilities
Section 430
Attachments to bridge structures
Section 440
Miscellaneous permits
Section 450
Banners and decorations
Section 460
Building movements
Section 470
Bicycle and road races, parades, and marches
Section 480
Chutes, tipples, and other similar structures
Section 490
Construction or reconstruction of roads, bridges, or other drainage structures
Section 500
Crest stage gauges, water level recorders
Section 510
Emergency vehicle access
Section 520
Filming for movies
Section 530
School signs
Section 540
Grading on right-of-way
Section 550
Roadside memorials
Section 560
Mailboxes and newspaper boxes
Section 570
Miscellaneous signs
Section 580
Ornamental posts, walls, residential and commercial development identification signs, or other nontransportation-related elements
Section 590
Outdoor advertising adjacent to the right-of-way
Section 600
Pedestrian and bicycle facilities
Section 610
Permits for certain overdimensional haulers and loaders
Section 620
Roadside management, landscaping
Section 630
Transit and school bus shelters
Section 640
Trash containers and recycling sites
Section 650
Test holes
Section 660
Special requests and other installations
Section 670
Prohibited use of right-of-way
Section 680
Hazardous materials, waste, or substances
Section 690
Permitted discharge to VDOT right-of-way
Section 700
General provisions for fees, surety, and other compensation
Section 710
Section 720
Section 730
Accommodation fees
Section 740
Exceptions and provisions to the payment of fees and compensation
Section 750
Section 760
Listing of documents (publications) incorporated by reference
FORMS (24VAC30-151)

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.