Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 24. Transportation And Motor Vehicles
Agency 30. Department of Transportation
Chapter 41. Rules and Regulations Governing Relocation Assistance

24VAC30-41-520. General.

A. A residential tenant who was in occupancy at the displacement dwelling for 90 days or more before the initiation of negotiations for the property is eligible to receive a rent supplement to provide for relocation to comparable replacement housing.

B. A tenant eligible under this category can receive a replacement housing payment not to exceed $7,200 to rent a decent, safe and sanitary replacement dwelling. A tenant may be eligible for a down payment supplement up to $7,200. The monetary limit of $7,200 for a rental replacement housing payment, or a down payment supplement, does not apply if provisions of last resort housing are applicable (see Part XI (24VAC30-41-650 et seq.)).

C. A discussion of rent supplement determination is found in the "Guidance Document for the Determination of Certain Financial Benefits to Displacees," effective October 1, 2014.

Statutory Authority

§ 25.1-402 of the Code of Virginia; 42 USC § 4601 et seq.; 49 CFR Part 24.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 18, Issue 3, eff. November 21, 2001; amended, Virginia Register Volume 21, Issue 13, eff. April 6, 2005; Volume 22, Issue 21, eff. July 26, 2006; Volume 30, Issue 26, eff. October 1, 2014.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.