Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 24. Transportation And Motor Vehicles
Agency 30. Department of Transportation
Chapter 41. Rules and Regulations Governing Relocation Assistance

24VAC30-41-570. Down payment benefit -- 90-day tenants.

A. A displaced tenant eligible for a rental replacement housing payment who elects to purchase a replacement dwelling in lieu of accepting such rental assistance payment may elect to apply the entire computed payment to the purchase of a replacement dwelling. This payment may be increased to any amount, not to exceed $7,200, for the purchase of a replacement dwelling and related incidental expenses.

B. VDOT has a responsibility to enable a displacee to relocate to housing of the same tenancy or ownership status as was occupied before displacement. Efforts will be made through advisory assistance and the down payment benefit to assist a tenant to move to ownership, but the achievement of ownership by tenants is not a program requirement.

Statutory Authority

§ 25.1-402 of the Code of Virginia; 42 USC § 4601 et seq.; 49 CFR Part 24.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 18, Issue 3, eff. November 21, 2001; amended, Virginia Register Volume 30, Issue 26, eff. October 1, 2014.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.