Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 24. Transportation And Motor Vehicles
Agency 5. Virginia Aviation Board
Chapter 20. Regulations Governing the Licensing and Operation of Airports and Aircraft and Obstructions to Airspace in the Commonwealth of Virginia

24VAC5-20-30. Application for aircraft license.

An owner or owners who hold a currently effective registration certificate for an aircraft issued by the Federal Aviation Administration shall make application for an aircraft license upon appropriate forms to be prescribed and furnished by the department. Such owner or owners shall provide all information as requested thereon, provided, however, the failure of the Federal Aviation Administration to require registration of an aircraft, including, for example an ultralight, shall not of itself operate to excuse the owner thereof from the licensing requirements contained in 24VAC5-20-20. The owner shall certify every application for an aircraft license.

Statutory Authority

§§ 5.1-2.2 and 5.1-2.15 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR165-01-02:1 § 2.2, eff. September 9, 1992.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.