Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 24. Transportation And Motor Vehicles
Agency 5. Virginia Aviation Board
Chapter 20. Regulations Governing the Licensing and Operation of Airports and Aircraft and Obstructions to Airspace in the Commonwealth of Virginia

24VAC5-20-40. Expiration and renewal of licenses.

Every aircraft license issued by the department shall expire 12 months from date of issuance, except for antique aircraft as provided in this section, unless sooner suspended or revoked by the department. Every such license shall be renewed annually upon application of the owner on appropriate forms prescribed and furnished by the department and upon payment of the fees required by this chapter, such renewal shall take effect on the date of issuance.

Every antique aircraft license issued by the department shall expire on the date of sale of such aircraft, unless sooner suspended or revoked by the department.

No license issued by the department for an aircraft shall be transferable.

Statutory Authority

§§ 5.1-2.2 and 5.1-2.15 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR165-01-02:1 § 2.3, eff. September 9, 1992.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.