Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 4. Conservation and Natural Resources
Agency 15. Department of Game and Inland Fisheries
Chapter 20. Definitions and Miscellaneous: in General

4VAC15-20-150. Structures on Department-Owned Lands and National Forest Lands.

A. It shall be unlawful to construct, maintain or occupy any permanent structure, except by permit, on department-owned lands and national forest lands. This provision shall not apply to structures, stands or blinds provided by the department.

B. It shall be unlawful to maintain any temporary dwelling on department-owned lands for a period greater than 14 consecutive days. Any person constructing or occupying any temporary structure shall be responsible for complete removal of such structures when vacating the site.

C. It shall be unlawful to construct, maintain or occupy any tree stand on department-owned lands and national forest lands and on Department of Conservation and Recreation owned or controlled lands, provided that portable tree stands which are not permanently affixed may be used.

Statutory Authority

§§ 29.1-501 and 29.1-502 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR325-01-1 § 15, eff. January 5, 1990; amended, Volume 09, Issue 22, eff. August 26, 1993; Volume 13, Issue 18, eff. July 1, 1997.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.