Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 4. Conservation And Natural Resources
Agency 15. Department of Wildlife Resources
Chapter 20. Definitions and Miscellaneous: In General

4VAC15-20-90. Permits for drilling, dredging and other operations in Back Bay area.

Drilling, dredging and any other operation designed to recover or obtain shell, minerals or any other substance shall be unlawful on lands owned by or under the control of the Commonwealth of Virginia under Back Bay, its tributaries and the North Landing River from the North Carolina line to North Landing Bridge unless a permit is first obtained from the board. Application for a permit under this section shall be made to the board in such form and substance as the board may require. Under the authority of § 29.1-103 of the Code of Virginia, the board shall grant or refuse such permits as conditions may require in order to prevent practices and operations which would harm the area for fish and wildlife.

Statutory Authority

§§ 29.1-103, 29.1-501 and 29.1-502 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from VR325-01-1 § 9, eff. October 1, 1968.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.