Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 9. Environment
Agency 25. State Water Control Board
Chapter 210. Virginia Water Protection Permit Program Regulation

9VAC25-210-185. Duration of VWP individual permits.

VWP permits issued under this chapter shall have an effective date and expiration date specified in the permit. The permit term shall be based upon the projected duration of the project, the length of any required monitoring, or other project operations or VWP permit conditions; however, the term shall not exceed 15 years, unless administratively continued. When a permit term, other than that of an Emergency Virginia Water Protection Permit, is less than 15 years, an extension of the permit terms and conditions may be granted in accordance with 9VAC25-210-180. Emergency Virginia Water Protection Permits shall not exceed a duration of one year or shall expire upon the issuance of a regular Virginia Water Protection Permit, whichever comes first.

Statutory Authority

§ 62.1-44.15 of the Code of Virginia; § 401 of the Clean Water Act (33 USC § 1251 et seq.).

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 17, Issue 21, eff. August 1, 2001; amended, Virginia Register Volume 23, Issue 21, eff. July 25, 2007; Volume 32, Issue 21, eff. August 2, 2016.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.