Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 20. Public Utilities and Telecommunications
Agency 5. State Corporation Commission
Chapter 405. Rules for Alternative Dispute Resolution Process

20VAC5-405-20. Notice and Good Faith Negotiations.

The petitioning carrier (petitioner) shall give the answering carrier (respondent) and the Office of Hearing Examiners at least 30 days' written notice of its intent to file an Alternative Dispute Resolution Petition. Each ADRP notice shall be so identified in bold typeface at the top of the first page, as follows: "Notice of Intention to File an Alternative Dispute Resolution Petition with the Virginia State Corporation Commission." The written notice shall include a request for negotiations with the respondent with respect to the dispute in question, and both parties shall engage in good faith negotiations over the ensuing 30-day period; however, if the parties' interconnection agreement provides for a longer period during which negotiations with respect to the dispute in question must take place, the parties shall engage in negotiations for the period specified in such interconnection agreement provision.

Statutory Authority

§ 12.1-13 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Volume 18, Issue 05, eff. October 23, 2001.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.