Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 3. Alcoholic Beverage and Cannabis Control
Agency 5. Virginia Alcoholic Beverage Control Authority
Chapter 50. Retail Operations

3VAC5-50-250. Confectionery; definition; restrictions; labeling.

A. "Confectionery" means baked goods and candies having an alcohol content not more than 5.0% by volume.

B. Any alcohol contained in such confectionery shall not be in liquid form at the time such confectionery is sold. Such alcohol shall be fully integrated or blended into the confectionery product.

C. Any such confectionery shall only be sold to those individuals who can lawfully consume alcohol.

D. Any establishment licensed to sell confectioneries for off-premises consumption shall properly label the product with such label including:

1. Notice that the product contains alcohol;

2. Notice that the product can only be consumed off premises; and

3. Warning that the product should not be consumed by anyone younger than 21 years of age.

Statutory Authority

§ 4.1-103 and 4.1-111 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 36, Issue 22, eff. July 23, 2020.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.