Administrative Code

Creating a Report: Check the sections you'd like to appear in the report, then use the "Create Report" button at the bottom of the page to generate your report. Once the report is generated you'll then have the option to download it as a pdf, print or email the report.

Virginia Administrative Code
Title 3. Alcoholic Beverage and Cannabis Control
Agency 5. Virginia Alcoholic Beverage Control Authority
Chapter 70. Other Provisions

3VAC5-70-230. Sale of designer or vintage spirit bottles.

Collectors of designer or vintage bottles containing distilled spirits may sell them at auction under the following conditions:

1. The seller shall notify the secretary to the board of the date, time, and place of the auction sale.

2. Any bottle sold must be unopened and the manufacturer's seals, marks, or stamps affixed to the bottles must be intact.

3. The auction must be conducted in accordance with the provisions of Chapter 6 (§ 54.1-600 et seq.) of Title 54.1 of the Code of Virginia.

4. Any purchaser at such auction must be a minimum of 21 years of age.

5. For two years from the date of sale, the auctioneer must keep records, available to the board upon request, of the name and address of each purchaser and a description of the alcoholic beverages purchased.

Statutory Authority

§§ 4.1-103 and 4.1-111 of the Code of Virginia.

Historical Notes

Derived from Virginia Register Volume 23, Issue 13, eff. May 19, 2007.

Website addresses provided in the Virginia Administrative Code to documents incorporated by reference are for the reader's convenience only, may not necessarily be active or current, and should not be relied upon. To ensure the information incorporated by reference is accurate, the reader is encouraged to use the source document described in the regulation.

As a service to the public, the Virginia Administrative Code is provided online by the Virginia General Assembly. We are unable to answer legal questions or respond to requests for legal advice, including application of law to specific fact. To understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult an attorney.